Latest topics
» BPL 2024 Squad
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 12:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am by Cricket_Mad

» Pak to tour BD for 3 T20Is, 2 Tests
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am by Cricket_Mad

» Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am by Cricket_Mad

» জাতীয় দলে বাংলাদেশের কোচ চান মাশরাফি
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm by Cricket_Mad

» Shakib Al Hasan has started gold business
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» The BCB plans to host the BPL in January
Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm by Cricket_Mad

Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum

Go down

Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum Empty Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum

Post by Cricket_Mad Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Mahela believes one win can give Khulna Titans momentum Mahela-1546511233470

Khulna Titans head coach Mahela Jayawardene believes his side are just one win away from getting momentum they need and aims the team will bounce back in the next match.

Khulna were defeated against Rajshahi Kings by seven wickets yesterday and it was their third successive loss in as many matches in the tournament so far.

The coach admitted batting was not up to the mark in the third match.

“In last two matches, the batting has let us down. Today was an example that the batsman needed to bat there sensibly. Mehedi (Miraz) showed how you need to bat in this kind of wicket. We were thinking 140 is a good score in that wicket. But no one took the responsibility to do that. We had wickets in hand and we had the batting to do that but could not in the end,” coach Jayawardene said to media during the post match press conference at Mirpur.

“We have to start winning. And one win will give us a bit more confidence. And then we will move to Sylhet, a new venue. There are still nine matches left in the tournament. We are targeting the top four spot and then in to the play-offs. Anything can happen. For us, every game is crucial and we need to treat it that way,” Jayawardene explained.

“Tactically we need to assess the conditions better and play according to that. It’s just three games we have played so far. I am not too concerned. But there are certainly few areas we need to perform better,” he added.

Khulna is dealing with some injury problems as US pacer Ali Khan and West Indies all-rounder Carlos Brathwaite could not play Wednesday’s match due to injury. The coach believes they need to manage these things and other players are capable of turning around their fate.

“It’s a new team. We thought the combination we started with was good. Then Ali Khan injured his hamstring in the last match and he is ruled out of the tournament. Lasith Malinga and Yasir Shah will join us soon. They are key players for us. We want to form a combination that goes well with our local players as well. Carlos (Brathwaite) pulled out with injury after first match. We were scared that he could be ruled out from the tournament as well. So we wanted to give him a couple of games off. It’s not the ideal situation, but we have to manage these players. I am not giving any excuses. Anyone playing for us is capable of doing the job. So far we have not been up to the mark. We need to improve our performances,” Mahela said.

-dhakatribune.com
Cricket_Mad
Cricket_Mad
Admin

https://sportsnogor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum