Latest topics
» BPL 2024 Squad
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 12:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am by Cricket_Mad

» Pak to tour BD for 3 T20Is, 2 Tests
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am by Cricket_Mad

» Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am by Cricket_Mad

» জাতীয় দলে বাংলাদেশের কোচ চান মাশরাফি
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm by Cricket_Mad

» Shakib Al Hasan has started gold business
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» The BCB plans to host the BPL in January
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm by Cricket_Mad

T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament

Go down

T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament Empty T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament

Post by Cricket_Mad Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:41 am

In two months’ time, the attention of the entire cricketing world will shift to the T20 format of the game. The 2021 T20 World Cup will be played in the months of October and November this year in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and each and every team will be looking to put out their best XI on the park to win the coveted trophy.

Bangladesh will surely be one of the dark horses of the competition. The side can surprise any other team on their day, and will surely be a side that should not be taken lightly. In their recently concluded five-match T20I series against Australia, Bangladesh won the series by a margin of 4-1.

With the hugely awaited T20 World Cup on the horizon, let us take a look at the strongest Bangladesh XI for the tournament this year.

1. Tamim Iqbal
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament Tamim-Iqbal

Opening the batting for the Bangladeshi Tigers will be arguably their greatest limited-overs batsman, Tamim Iqbal. Iqbal has a lot of experience at the T20I level, has featured in 78 T20Is, and has plundered 1758 runs at an average of 24.08 and a strike rate of close to 120.

The left-hander is currently the second-highest run-scorer for Bangladesh in T20I cricket, after Shakib Al Hasan. Tamim has scored in excess of 30 in his last three innings in T20I cricket.

Even though he is currently injured, the left-handed batting veteran should be fit in time for the T20 World Cup this year. Needless to say, Tamim’s fortunes with the willow will be crucial for the Bangladeshi Tigers.

2. Mohammad Naim
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament Mohammad-Naim

Opening the batting with Tamim Iqbal will be the 21-year-old youngster, Mohammad Naim. The left-hander has featured in 17 T20Is for Bangladesh and has plundered 465 runs at an average of close to 30. Naim is a batsman who can oscillate between aggression and sedate caution and is the ideal opening foil for Tamim Iqbal.

Naim produced crucial contributions with the willow in the 4th and 5th T20Is against Australia. While he scored 28 runs in the 4th T20I, he scored a run-a-ball 23 in the fifth rubber. And, both these matches were low-scoring encounters, and Naim applied himself on a wicket that was challenging to bat on.

Mohammad Naim will once again look to step up for his side in the all-important T20 World Cup that will be held later this year.

3. Liton Das
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament Liton-Das

Another batsman who will be crucial for Bangladesh is Liton Das. Das is an experienced cricketer and has been playing at the international level for over 6 years now. The right-hander has featured in 33 T20Is for the Bangladeshi Tigers and has amassed 646 runs at an average of 20.84.

However, what makes Das a potent weapon is the fact that he scores his runs at a strike rate of 134.02. He is a batsman who can take the game away from the opposition and can impose his will on the proceedings.

With his experience and aggression, Das will occupy the No.3 slot in the Bangladesh lineup for the T20 World Cup this year.

4. Soumya Sarkar
T20 World Cup 2021: Bangladesh’s strongest predicted playing XI for the tournament Soumya-Sarkar-2

Soumya Sarkar brings with him a wealth of experience in the T20I format of the game. A vital cog of the Bangladesh batting lineup for more than 6 years, Sarkar is currently the 5th highest run-scorer for the Bangladeshi Tigers in T20I cricket.

The left-hander has plundered 1105 runs in the T20I format of the game and has scored his runs at a strike rate of 123.60. He has also plundered 5 fifties in his T20I career.

Sarkar is a batsman who can constantly put pressure on the opposition and is a ‘busy’ player. He will occupy the No.4 slot in this Bangladesh lineup.
Cricket_Mad
Cricket_Mad
Admin

https://sportsnogor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down