Latest topics
» BPL 2024 Squad
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 12:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am by Cricket_Mad

» Pak to tour BD for 3 T20Is, 2 Tests
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am by Cricket_Mad

» Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am by Cricket_Mad

» জাতীয় দলে বাংলাদেশের কোচ চান মাশরাফি
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm by Cricket_Mad

» Shakib Al Hasan has started gold business
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» The BCB plans to host the BPL in January
Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm by Cricket_Mad

Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5

Go down

Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 Empty Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5

Post by Cricket_Mad Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Rangpur Riders signs Shamsur Rahman for BPL-5 Shamsu10

Despite remaining unsold in the players’ draft of the Bangladesh Premier League T20 2017, Shamsur Rahman, has finally got a team to represent in the upcoming BPL season. Rangpur Riders have risen their hands to him as they have included him for the upcoming battle.

The 29-year-old, right-hand batsman of Bangladesh, had played last season’s BPL for Barisal Bulls. He failed to perform with the bat in the previous edition. He is known as a hard-hitter opener but the statistics of his T20s career is not up to the mark.

He failed to make satisfy the franchises by performing well in the last two seasons, hence no one showed their interest to him during the players’ draft. However, after remaining unsold finally, he gets another chance to prove his worth.

He has appeared in 20 matches so far in BPL and scored a total of 509 runs with 28.29 average. His strike is not also impressive. He scored those runs at 117.28 strike rate.

After signing with  Rangpur Riders for the BPL season five, Shamsur Rahman has become delightful. He thanked Rangpur Riders for letting him a chance on his tough time and told, “Alhamdulillah. Feeling good for getting the opportunity. I will try to give my best effort if I get chance. Looking forward to make Rangpur Riders happy.”

To be noted, Rangpur Riders under the ownership of Basundhara group, have set a strong line-up for the fifth edition of BPL. They have signed a number of 11 foreign cricketers including big names like Chris Gayle, Lasith Malinga, Thisara Perera, Kusal Perera, Ravi Bopara. They have also set a strong basement on the local side. Where they have included 14 cricketers including Mashrafe Mortaza.

Rangpur Riders squad:

Locals: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (icon), Mohammad Mithun, Rubel Hossain, Sohag Gazi, Shahriar Nafees, Nazmul Islam Apu, Ziaur Rahman, Fazle Rabbi, Abdur Razzak, Ebadat Hossain, Elias Sunny, Nahidul Islam & Shamsur Rahman.

Foreigners: Chris Gayle, Ravi Bopara, David Willey, Samuel Badree, Johnson Charles, Thisara Perera, Kusal Perera, Adam Lyth, Samiullah Shenwari, Sam Haine, Zahir Khan, Lasith Malinga & Brendon McCullum.
Cricket_Mad
Cricket_Mad
Admin

https://sportsnogor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down